The new… Old Hillsbrad Foothills?!
Dear Apollo players,
Old Hillsbrad Foothills is the setting of the instance Escape from Durnholde Keep. It is one of the timeways accessible in the Caverns of Time. The setting takes place seven years before WoW’s present (i.e. two years before the events of Warcraft III), to when the future Warchief Thrall was a slave of Aedelas Blackmoore, master of Durnholde Keep.
The dungeon of Old Hillsbrad Foothills has been completly reworked and we are proud to present to you the following changes.
I) A complete rework of all the bosses in the instance.
II) Reworked spawns and formations
Everything should work as on retail.
III) Reworked Thrall’s escort
During this escort you might find Don Carlos which is a subject to a quest : Nice Hat . A young Don Carlos was added to the instance in patch 2.4.3 for the quest which starts from his current self in the Gadgetzan graveyard in Tanaris. His younger version can be found patrolling the road on horseback between Southshore and Tarren Mill, with his pet Guerrero. In the heroic version of the dungeon, he will drop [Don Carlos’ Famous Hat], a haliscan-style hat that summons a coyote spirit vanity pet.
IV) Reworked Taretha’s diversion event
V) Added many lore events in Southshore, Tarren Mill, Durnholde Keep
- A still-human Kel’Thuzad can be found in Southshore, on the road leading north. Patrolling with Kel’Thuzad is Helcular.
- Sally Whitemane, the future boss of Scarlet Monastery Cathedral, playing tag with Renault Mograine, the future other boss from Scarlet Monastery Cathedral. Jimmy Vishas can be seen following them; he later becomes Interrogator Vishas in the graveyard instance of Scarlet Monastery Cathedral. The trio also re-enact some of their lines and events when you encounter them as bosses on a Captured Critter.
- Herod the Bully can also be seen walking around Southshore, and he is much larger than the other children.
- On the docks, Zixil <Aspiring Merchant> can be seen building a robot: Overwatch Mark 0 <Protector>. In the present day, this goblin (known as <Merchant Supreme> in the current Hillsbrad) can be found patrolling around Hillsbrad as a traveling vendor, accompanied by Overwatch Mark I <Protector>.
- Also on the dock is Nat Pagle He is fishing with Hal McAllister in a zone which, surprisingly enough, has no fish. They have some amusing conversations about Nat’s strange dreams.
- In the Southshore inn, many well-known members of the Scarlet Crusade are standing around a table. If you wait a minute or so, they’ll have a discussion about the upcoming war against the Scourge, which reveals some backstory about the Ashbringer, in what appears to be their first meeting. This is mostly bosses from Scarlet Monastery as younger versions of themselves, as well as the prominent members of the Scarlet Crusade who splintered off to become the Argent Dawn because they disagreed with the Crusade’s fanaticism, including Tirion Fordring, the eventual leader of the Argent Crusade and Ashen Verdict.
- Also inside the inn are two ship captains drinking at the bar, who go outside to have a private discussion. Captain Sanders discusses his plans with Captain Edward Hanes to hide his various possessions around the world, and leave [a map] that goes from clue to clue in order to get his prizes. This treasure hunt can be found in the present day from a world drop off of murlocs in Westfall. The rewards from doing the quest are the items he talks about while in Old Hillsbrad. Captain Edward Hanes is also a quest giver for low level Draenei on the Bloodmyst Isle.
- A young Taelan Fordring is upstairs in the inn, playing with [a large, glowing hammer].
- If you have your music turned on you can hear the music from the Orc Bonus Campaign from Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne .
- The horse Thrall spooks in the barn is Old Blanchy (here it’s Young Blanchy!) who you do a quest for in Westfall.