Apollo II – Firelands when?
Many of you are waiting for this day. Many of you are asking us every day. Many of you were not satisfied with the answer “soon”.
Today is the day!
Patch 4.2: Rage of the Firelands will be released on Saturday, 29.08.2020 at 12:00 CEST.
Finally you do not need to wipe in Bastion of Twilight or Blackwing Descent anymore, now you can wipe in Firelands. \o/
Additionally you will have a whole new quest chain and a new zone that will keep you busy every day, the Molten Front. On top of that caster classes will be able to get the legendary staff Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa’s Rest.
Besides this, you will also find a new boss in Baradin Hold. Occu’thar will be available with the start of arena season 10. That being said, please keep in mind that the new season will not start with the release of patch 4.2. You will find more info regarding this further below.
- All existing [Valor Points] in the Currency tab will be converted to [Justice Points]. Any points above the [Justice Point] cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 47 silver per point.
- Applicable tier 11 items now cost Justice Points.
- Applicable Season 9 items now cost Honor Points.
- If players have completed [Aessina’s Miracle], they will have [Guardians of Hyjal: Firelands Invasion!] available to directly start with the new quests. Otherwise they will have [Guardians of Hyjal: Call of the Ancients] available which will guide them through their missing quests.
- The current PvP season will end with the release of patch 4.2. The evaluation will take 1 week. During this week the arena season is disabled. After one week PvP season 10 will be activated, all existing [Conquest Points] in the currency tab will be converted to [Honor Points]. All [Honor Points] exceeding the 4,000 point cap will be converted into gold at a rate of 35 silver per point.
- The winners of the current PvP season will be announced during the evaluation week.
- As already with the T11 content, the new T12 content will also have various reductions applied to compensate for the 4.3.4 talents and make the new content a worthy challenge, which even the best guilds will have to chew on.
For a more detailed list of patch 4.2 changes, you can take a look at https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_4.2.0